On the auspicious festival of Ram Navami we write in to send you love and invoke the divine grace and blessings of Lord Rama (the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu). May you and yours always be safe and well.
We also write to inform you of the impact that frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitisers can have on your jewelry during these uncertain times.
- Washing your hands and/or using Hand Sanitisers will NOT sanitise the rings, bracelets or bangles that you may be wearing because - jewelry has many protected areas and small crevices where bacteria can settle and flourish.
- Hand soap and Sanitisers are NOT jewelry friendly. Especially, hand sanitisers which have an alchohol content of above 60-70%. With constant use they can seriously dull or damage gemstones. Softer gemstones like emerald, pearl, opal, turquoise will not be able to withstand this type of cleaning.
- Best solution – remove all your jewelry, clean it well and store carefully until sunny days are here again!
- For those of you who don’t want to endanger your marriage and would like to continue wearing your wedding band – remove the ring when washing your hands or sanitizing, wash the ring in warm water and gentle cleaning liquid or baby soap. Pat dry with a soft cloth and leave to air dry. This process must be repeated every time you wash or sanitise your hands!
- If you are wearing a pair of earrings on an everyday basis – then ensure your clean those too, daily. If you have decided to change your earrings regularly because your jewelry makes you feel good, follow the same washing instructions every time you put on or take off a piece of jewelry.
- Also – when cleaning your jewelry always ensure that your sink has a stopper!
- Always store your jewelry in an air-tight bag or box and seal it with a kiss x
Be Kind to you, yours and your jewels in times of COVID 19.
Stay safe, much love and good health xx.
All of us at revere